Comprehensive Hypertension Care
The BIDMC Hypertension Center at HCA offers:
- State-of-the-art clinical care for blood pressure
- Innovative research on prevention and treatment
- Education for our patients, students, residents, fellows, and colleagues
In addition to our core team members, the Hypertension Center provides comprehensive and coordinated care from a multidisciplinary team that includes resident physicians, nurse practitioners, nurses, medical assistants, and clinical social workers.
We specialize in all aspects of the diagnosis, evaluation, and treatment of blood pressure, including:
- Evaluating new-onset and secondary causes of hypertension
- Personalized counseling on lifestyle changes to improve blood pressure
- Medication titration and monitoring
- Managing resistant or complicated hypertension
- 24-hour ambulatory blood pressure monitoring (ABPM)
- Close collaboration and referral to other specialists as needed, including cardiology, nephrology, endocrinology, obstetrics, and sleep medicine.
Request an Appointment
Please call 617-754-9600 to schedule an evaluation.
Meet Our Team
Jennifer L. Cluett, MD
Clinical Director, Hypertension Center
Stephen Juraschek, MD, PhD
Research Director, Hypertension Center; Internal Medicine, Primary Care
Timothy S. Anderson, MD, MAS
Anthony Ishak, PharmD
Kenneth J. Mukamal, MD, MPH