About Our Mental Health Services
Healthcare Associates' Social Work staff provides mental health consultation, care and support. We work with other members of your care team to help identify areas of stress, anxiety, depression, and substance use difficulties. We also help patients to connect with mental health resources in the community, in addition to providing individual and group counseling integrated with the rest of your care at HCA.
Our services include:
- Connecting patients to counseling services within Healthcare Associates, BIDMC, and throughout Massachusetts.
- Providing urgent behavioral health consultation during regular office hours.
- For some patients, the best setting for mental health care is within HCA. This is particularly helpful when complicated medical and behavioral health concerns overlap. We offer a range of individual and group therapy options within Healthcare Associates in the areas of coping skills, anxiety management, healthy lifestyle changes, and improving relationships.
- Assisting with wellness and mental healthcare, such as insurance assistance, medication access, and transportation for appointments.
- Connecting patients to agencies providing food and meals, financial assistance, advocacy and legal advice, home care and disability services, and support with housing needs.