Our Standards and Specifications
BIDMC facilities standards and specifications are available for download in the following sections:
The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) CAD Standards outline how to produce and deliver as-built construction documents as CAD drawings and PDF Image to the Facilities Department in a way that maximizes the short and long term utility of CAD data and ensures the integrity of our archives.
The standards describe BIDMC's requirements for CAD file format and setup, layer naming and attributes, drawing set organization, and the format and procedure for submitting deliverables.
All contractors and consultants who submit CAD documents to the Facilities Department are required to comply with the CAD Standards.
- Appendix A: BIDMC Layer State
- For questions, please email us.
- BIDMC Layer State Version 3.1 - Layer standards have not changed from version 3.1 to 4.0, so we continue to provide this file for convenience.
- BIDMC pens 2017 - This is the latest plot style for black and white and color plotting.
The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Lighting Standards insure that appropriate levels of task and ambient lighting are provided throughout the medical center in an effective, efficient, and sustainable manner. Emphasis is placed on meeting state and national lighting standards and building codes, and on minimizing the overall lifecycle cost of the lighting system.
All contractors and consultants who specify light fixtures for BIDMC projects are required to comply with the Lighting Standards.
The BIDMC Lock and Key Spec provides information on the lock sets and door hardware that is supported by our maintenance department.
The Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Engineering Design Guidelines provide standards for review documents, best practices, and preferred manufacturers. Emphasis is placed on coordination with BIDMC Engineering and Maintenance practices, as a supplement to applicable codes and standards.
All contractors and consultants who specify engineered systems for BIDMC projects are required to comply with the Engineering Design Guidelines.
This detail is to be used for all interior partitions unless otherwise specified by BIDMC.
- BIDMC ACT Standards
- BIDMC Appliance Guidelines
- BIDMC Elevator Guidelines
- BIDMC Interior Paint Standards
- BIDMC Loading Dock Guidelines
- BIDMC Toilet Room Finish Standards
- BIDMC Bathroom Tile Standard
- BIDMC Flocked Textile Sheet Flooring Standard
- BIDMC Resilient Flooring Standard*
- *Standard is currently being revised, please contact your BIDMC PM for approval on these products in the interim.
- BIDMC Sheet Linoleum Flooring Standard
- BIDMC VCT Flooring Standard
- BIDMC Wall Base Standard
- Gypsum Wall Board Standards
- Laminate and Solid Surfaces Standards
- Privacy Room Curtains Standard
- Shade Standards
- Wall Protection Standards