Inflammatory Bowel Disease Center
The Inflammatory Bowel Disease (IBD) Center in the Digestive Disease Center is one of the largest such specialized practices on the east coast.
Conditions We Treat
Our experts specialize in treating patients with many types of inflammatory bowel disease, including:
- Crohn's disease
- Ulcerative colitis
- Microscopic (collagenous/lymphocytic) colitis
- Indeterminate colitis
As part of a comprehensive approach to the treatment and management of IBD, patients also have access to expertise from:
- Colorectal surgeons with skills in minimally-invasive surgical techniques to treat the complications of IBD.
- Radiologists who have considerable experience reviewing CT scans, barium studies and MRIs in patients with complex IBD.
- Pathologists with international reputations in characterizing colitis and distinguishing early cancer changes in the colon.
- Stoma care nurses who provide tailored care for patients with ostomies.
- Nutritionists for patients who require nutritional assessment and management of TPN.
- Endoscopy specialists, who use advanced techniques such as stent insertion, ERCP and capsule endoscopy to diagnose and evaluate patients with inflammatory bowel disease.
- Liver specialists who specialize in the care of autoimmune liver diseases that are frequently encountered in patients with IBD.