Virtual Dermatology Services
During the COVID-19 emergency, BIDMC Dermatology is committed to continue providing dermatologic care by offering telephone consults with a dermatologist.
If you would like a teledermatology visit with one of our board-certified dermatologists, please call 617-667-3753 to schedule an appointment. You may request to be scheduled with one of the dermatologists who has seen you previously in the office.
What To Expect
- Your teledermatology visit will be scheduled in a one-hour window.
- You will be given instructions to send in a photograph of the area of your skin that concerns you. Read these tips for taking the best possible photo of your skin.
- Prior to the telephone consult, our dermatologists will first review the photos of your skin lesion or skin rash, then call you by phone to discuss your concerns.
- The physician may ask if you would be willing to connect face-to-face using a video application called StarLeaf video conferencing. Your physician can provide more specific instructions for using this video app. We highly recommend that you have this application downloaded prior to your teledermatology visit.
- As always, we will work with you to develop a management plan that works best for you and your health.