Vascular Treatments & Services
Care for Venous and Arterial Diseases
The Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery provides comprehensive care for disorders of the circulatory system, including arterial and venous disease.
All treatments in the Division of Vascular and Endovascular Surgery begin with patient assessments and evaluation by a multidisciplinary team of caregivers.
When it is determined that surgery is needed, we provide both conventional open surgeries and minimally invasive endovascular techniques. We are committed to finding the most appropriate treatment approach for you and to helping you understand all clinical issues when making your treatment decisions.
Vascular and Endovascular Services
- Aortic aneurysm care and treatment
- Open and endovascular surgery
- Participation in clinical trials
- Vascular surgery laboratory
- Vein care services
Conditions We Treat
- Abdominal aortic aneurysms
- Carotid artery disease
- Peripheral artery disease, including lower extremity disease
- Thoracic aortic aneurysms
- Thoracic outlet syndrome
- Venous disease (varicose veins, deep vein thrombosis and spider veins)
In close affiliation with the Joslin Diabetes Center, our physicians have pioneered treatments for diabetic foot ulcers and other circulatory problems due to diabetes. We work closely with BIDMC's Division of Podiatry, which has pioneered many innovative treatments for diabetic foot problems. Our physicians are also involved with the BIDMC Limb Preservation Center, which combines podiatry, vascular surgery, and plastic surgery specialties.