Lipid and Cardiovascular Disease Prevention Clinic
Helping Patients Identify and Manage Risk Factors for Heart Disease
Our team of physicians, nurses and nutritionists develop personalized treatment strategies to help patients lower cholesterol and blood pressure, and reduce the risk of heart disease.
- Assessment of overall cardiovascular risk
- Lowering risk through a combination of lifestyle changes, including diet and exercise
- Prescribing and monitoring medications when appropriate
Patients are evaluated by a team consisting of physicians who specialize in preventive cardiology, a cardiovascular nurse, and a registered nutritionist. The team identifies traditional risk factors and assesses the need for non-invasive testing to determine the presence of coronary heart disease.
- Reducing the risk of developing cardiovascular disease
- Diagnosing and managing lipid disorders
- For patients with established coronary heart disease, lowering their risk of future cardiovascular events
Patients with severe hypertension are also evaluated and treated, and are followed with ambulatory blood pressure monitoring devices.