Search Our GI Cancer Clinical Trials
The Cancer Center at BIDMC is an important center of research into the safety and effectiveness of new cancer therapies. Your physician will help you evaluate whether participation in a clinical trial is appropriate for you.
For more information about our clinical trials, please call Arline Broberg at 617-975-7403.
The following clinical trials related to gastrointestinal cancers are now available through BIDMC:
- A Phase 1/1b, Open Label, Multiple Dose, Dose Escalation and Expansion Study to Investigate the Safety, Pharmacokinetics and Antitumor Activity of the anti-PD-1 Monoclonal Antibody BGB-A317 in combination with the PARP inhibitor BGB-290 in Subjects with Advanced Solid Tumors - Learn More.
- A Multicenter Phase 2 Clinical Trial of Pembrolizumab in Refractory Metastatic Anal Cancer - Learn More.
- RANDOMIZED TRIAL OF STANDARD CHEMOTHERAPY ALONE OR COMBINED WITH ATEZOLIZUMAB AS ADJUVANT THERAPY FOR PATIENTS WITH STAGE III COLON CANCER AND DEFICIENT DNA MISMATCH REPAIR - Learn More.
- A Phase I Dose Escalation Study, with Cohort Expansion, to Evaluate the Safety, Tolerability, Pharmacokinetics, and Preliminary Efficacy of AbGn-107 Therapy in Patients with Chemo-refractory Locally Advanced, Recurrent, or Metastatic Gastric, Colorectal, or Pancreatic Cancer. - Learn More.
- A Phase III Study of BBI-608 in combination with 5-Fluorouracil, Leucovorin, Irinotecan (FOLFIRI) in Adult Patients with Previously Treated Metastatic Colorectal Cancer (CRC) - Learn More.
- A Phase II Study of Pembrolizumab in Refractory Advanced Esophageal Cancer - Learn More.
- A Phase 1b/2, Open Label, Dose Escalation Study of Margetuximab in Combination with Pembroli-zumab in Patients with Treatment-Naïve (locally advanced) or Relapsed/Refractory Advanced HER2+ Gastroesophageal Junction or Gastric Cancer - Learn More.
- A Randomized, Multicenter, Open-Label, Phase 3 Study of Nivolumab plus Ipilimumab or Nivolumab in Combination with Oxaliplatin plus Fluoropyrimidine versus Oxaliplatin plus Fluoropyrimidine in Subjects with Previously Untreated Advanced or Metastatic Gastric or Gastroesophageal Junction Cancer - Learn More.
- A Randomized, Multicenter, Double Blind, Phase III Study of Nivolumab or Placebo in Subjects with Resected Lower Esophageal, or Gastroesophageal Junction Cancer - Learn More.
- A Phase 1b, Randomized, Open-Label Study of PEGylated Recombinant Human Hyaluronidase (PEGPH20) in Combination With Cisplatin Plus Gemcitabine and PEGPH20 in Combination with Atezoli-zumab and Cisplatin Plus Gemcitabine Compared with Cisplatin Plus Gemcitabine in Subjects with Previously Untreated, Unresectable, Locally Advanced, or Metastatic Intrahepatic and Extrahepatic Cholangiocarcinoma and Gallbladder Adenocarcinoma - Learn More.
- Phase 3, Multicenter, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-controlled Study of AG-120 in Previously-treated Subjects with Nonresectable or Metastatic Cholangiocarcinoma with an IDH1 Mutation - Learn More.
- A Randomized Phase 3 Study of AM0010 in Combination with FOLFOX Compared with FOLFOX Alone as Second-line Therapy in Patients with Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer that has Progressed During or Following a First-Line Gemcitabine Containing Regimen - Learn More.
- A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Controlled Study of Cabozantinib (XL184) vs Placebo in Sub-jects with Hepatocellular Carcinoma Who Have Received Prior to Sorafenib - Learn More.
- A Phase 3, Randomized, Double-Blind, Placebo-Controlled, Multicenter Study of PEGylated Recombinant Human Hyaluronidase (PEGPH20) in Combination with nab-Paclitaxel Plus Gemcitabine Compared with Placebo Plus nab-Paclitaxel and Gemcitabine in Subjects with Hyaluronan-High Stage IV Previously Untreated Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma - Learn More.
- A Phase 1/2a, open-label multicenter study to assess the safety, tolerability, pharmacokinetics, and preliminary antitumor activity of PEN-221 in patients with somatostatin receptor 2 expressing advanced cancers, including gastroenteropancreatic or lung or thymus or other neuroendocrine tumors or small cell lung cancer or large cell neuroendocrine carcinoma of the lung. - Learn More.
- Randomized Phase II Study of Platinum and Etoposide versus Temozolomide and Capecitabine in Patients with Advanced G3 Non-Small Cell Gastroenteropancreatic Neuroendocrine Carcinomas - Learn More.
- A Phase 2 Study of BPM31510 (Ubidecarenone, USP) Nanosuspension Injection Administered Intravenously with or without Gemcitabine as 2nd/3rdline therapy in Advanced Pancreatic Cancer Patients - Learn More.
- A Phase II Study of Pancreatic Enzyme Replacement (Zenpep) on Completion Rates of Adjuvant Chemotherapy among Subjects with Resected Pancreatic Ductal Adenocarcinoma. - Learn More.
- A Phase 1/2 Open-Label, Safety, Pharmacokinetic, Pharmacodynamic and Efficacy Study of RX-3117 in Combination with Abraxane® in Subjects with Metastatic Pancreatic Cancer - Learn More.
- PROSPECT: A phase II/III trial of neoadjuvant FOLFOX, with selective use of combined modality chemoradiation versus preoperative combined modality chemoradiation for locally advanced rectal cancer patients undergoing low anterior resection with total mesorectal excision - Learn More.
Phase I Studies
If you have advanced cancer that has not responded to standard therapy, you may also benefit from early stage research. For those who qualify, this program offers the option to participate in Phase I research studies investigating new anti-cancer agents. Our Phase I program has a special interest in gastrointestinal cancers, including pancreatic cancer.
Back to top
Updated November 2018.