How To Prepare for Your First Appointment
Keep this information in mind when you make an appointment:
- When you schedule an office visit, you may need to answer a few questions over the telephone about your health and personal history, such as your age and any medications you may be taking.
- Before your first appointment, please forward your imaging studies (X-rays, CT and/or MRI scans) so our specialists can review your information in our brain tumor conference. It is also helpful if you can forward your medical records and any other medical tests you have had and their results. If you have had any previous cancer treatment, please send or bring records of that treatment for our review.
- Bring a list of your current medications and your insurance card with you to your first appointment.
- Check with your insurance company to see if your policy includes care and treatment at BIDMC. We can help if you have questions about the coverage information you receive. We can also work with your insurance company if the company has questions or requires additional information to determine your benefits.
- Remember to bring a list of any questions you have for your caregivers, and a notebook so you can jot down information.
- If you are having a medical procedure, you must have someone accompany you home after your treatment.
We always encourage you to invite a family member or trusted friend to your appointment to help you as you gather information about your health and treatment.