Preparing for Your Visit
- When you schedule an office visit, you may need to answer a few questions over the telephone about your health and personal history, such as your age and any medications you may be taking.
- If possible, bring your medical records and the medical tests you have had and their results with you to your first appointment. Also bring a list of your current medications and your insurance card.
- Check with your insurance company to see if your policy includes care and treatment at BIDMC. We can help if you have questions about the coverage information you receive. We can also work with your insurance company if the company has questions or requires additional information to determine your benefits.
- Remember to bring a list of any questions you have for your caregivers, and a notebook so you can jot down information.
- If you are having a medical procedure, you must have someone accompany you home after your treatment.
We always encourage you to invite a family member or trusted friend to your appointment to help you as you gather information about your health and treatment.