About Our Mission and Community Partnerships
The Office of Community Relations is committed to advancing the health and well-being of our local communities as an important part of the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center mission. Our office works alongside our community partners to fulfill our responsibility to be both good neighbors and corporate citizens.
We have many established relationships with various agencies and organizations throughout the greater Boston area. Some examples of important work and partnerships we’ve cultivated locally include:
- AIDS Walk and Run 5k
- Louis D. Brown Peace Institute Mother's Day Walk for Peace
- 9/11 Blood Drive in partnership with the Boston Red Sox and American Red Cross
- Healthy Work/Healthy Home: A BIDMC Environmental Initiative
Supporting Community Events
We sponsor community events, participate in local coalitions and create numerous opportunities to build healthier communities.
Sharing Our Expertise
- Recognizing the vital role education plays in helping people live longer, healthier lives, BIDMC providers share their expertise by participating in community education programs free of charge.
- BIDMC clinical and research staff volunteer their time for many community-based speaking engagements seeking to educate the general public about the importance of health. Presenters address a range of health education issues, including breast care, men's health, back care and tips for staying healthy in order to live a long life.