About Our Advisory Committee
The Community Benefits Advisory Committee (previously known as the Community Advisory Committee) informs and guides BIDMC's Community-based Health Initiative process. The committee includes leaders and local residents from BIDMC's Community Benefits Service Area who represent local public health departments, municipalities, education, housing, social services, regional planning and transportation agencies, community health centers, the private sector, and community-based organizations. Committee members are committed to engaging residents to make sure their voices are heard.
Community Benefits Advisory Committee meetings are open to the public with time dedicated for public comment at the beginning of meetings. If you would like to submit a written comment to the committee for discussion, you may do so at any time, but only those received more than five (5) business days before a meeting will be considered by the Community Benefits Advisory Committee for that meeting.
All meeting agendas, attendance and minutes are posted on this web page.
The next Community Benefits Advisory Committee Meeting will be held on May 24, 2022. If you would like to join the meeting, please RSVP below.
Community Benefits Advisory Committee Meeting Information
Past Community Benefits Advisory Committee Meetings:
Community Benefits Advisory Committee Members
- Flor Amaya – City of Chelsea
- Maia Betts, LICSW – The Dimock Center
- Elizabeth Browne – Charles River Community Health
- Alexandra Chery Dorrelus – Louis D. Brown Peace Institute
- Shondell Davis – Cory Johnson Center for Post-Traumatic Healing
- Lauren Gabovitch, LICSW – BIDMC, Social Work
- Richard Giordano – Fenway Community Development Corporation
- Nancy Kasen – BILH, Community Benefits and Community Relations
- Barry Keppard – Metropolitan Area Planning Council
- Kira Khazatsky – Jewish Vocational Service
- Angie Liou – Asian Community Development Corporation
- Marsha Maurer – BIDMC, Chief Nursing Officer and SVP, Patient Care Services
- James Morton – YMCA of Greater Boston
- Sandy Novack, MSW – Universal Access Council
- Alex Oliver-Davila – Sociedad Latina
- Kelina (Kelly) Orlando – BIDMC & BIDHC, Executive Director, Ambulatory Operations
- Joanne Pokaski – BILH Workforce Development
- Triniese Polk – Boston Public Health Commission, Office of Health Equity
- Jane Powers, LICSW – Fenway Health
- Richard Rouse – Mission Hill Main Streets
- Robert Torres – BILH, Community Benefits
- LaShonda Walker-Robinson, LICSW – BIDMC, Social Work
- Fred Wang – BIDMC Trustee Emeritus