Spine Surgery Preparation Class
1 Deaconess Road, Boston, MA 02215
6:00PM - 7:30PM
Prepare for Your Upcoming Spine Surgery
Education about your upcoming spine surgery is a very important step to help you prepare for your procedure and know what to expect.
Our registered nurse, physical therapist and nurse case manager will address any questions or concerns you might have before surgery, with a focus on what to expect every step of the way, from your arrival for surgery through your stay and recovery as you prepare for discharge. You are welcome to bring a family member or friend with you to class.
- Orientation and tour through your stay from Pre-Operation to Post-Operation
- Introduction to staff roles that will be involved in your care during your stay
- Management of pain following surgery
- Physical Therapy, including information on helping you move soon after surgery
- Case Management: Preparing for discharge
- Open forum for Patient Questions and Answers (Q&A)
Classes are offered 2 times each month. Lunch/dinner and free parking passes will be provided.
Date & Time:
Wednesday, May 20, 2020
6:00 - 7:30 pm
Rosenberg Building, 6th Floor Nursing Unit
BIDMC West Campus
1 Deaconess Road
Boston, MA 02215
Enter the lobby and bear left toward the elevators. Take the elevator to the 6th floor and take a left off of the elevator. Follow the hallway straight to the front desk of the nursing unit and inform the staff at the desk of your arrival for the Pre-Op class. The staff will direct you to our meeting room.
To Register/Reserve Your Seat:
Please contact the Spine Pre Op Class at 617-754-2194 or email us with any questions and directions. Please provide your name, date of surgery, desired class, as well as a best phone number to reach you.