The mass spectrometry, metabolomics, lipidomics and proteomics core at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center was established in 2004 led by Dr. John Asara and continues to grow rapidly. We provide excellent proteomics, metabolomics and lipidomics services with low prices and fast turnaround times. We have cutting edge equipment operated at optimal sensitivity and work and publish with world class researchers. We also maintain an active internal cancer multi-omics research program with collaborative efforts. Our expertise is in identifying and quantifying protein modifications and dynamic protein-protein interactions in addition to polar metabolomics profiling including metabolic flux analyses and non-polar lipidomics profiling. Several different types of mass spectrometers are available for services depending upon your needs including high resolution Orbitraps for protein identification, hybrid linear ion trap-high resolution Orbitrap for protein quantification, post-translational modification (PTM) mapping and lipidomics profiling, and hybrid triple quadrupole QTRAP mass spectrometers for targeted quantification of metabolites, lipids and peptides. We accept samples from anywhere in the world and look forward to helping you and progressing your research to the next level. Our lab has co-authored more than 225 per-reviewed research articles.
- We just installed a second Thermo Orbitrap HF Mass Spectrometer
- The HF represents the ultimate proteomics instrument for speed, sensitivity, resolution and throughput for phosphoproteomics and complex analyses
- We also just implemented a second AB/SCIEX QTRAP 6500 triple quadrupole mass spectrometer for high sensitivity metabolomics and 13C/15N metabolic flux analysis
- We await funding for a Thermo Fusion Tribrid MS
- We just lowered our prices for large orders with more than 10 samples (proteomics only)
- Metabolomics and Lipidomics analyses are available for high-throughput profiling of both clinical and research samples
Our core has been involved with some of top researchers in the world and we have co-authored more than 15 Science magazine articles to date…
We look forward to helping you progress your research with the most sensitive mass spectrometry technology that is currently available.
Personnel /Contact Information
John M Asara, Ph.D.
Director / Associate Professor of Medicine
Min Yuan, M.S.
Sr. Research Associate / Lab Manager
Proteomics & Metabolomics Services
- Protein Complex Identification
- (protein complexes, protein-protein interactions, single protein ID)
- Identification of Post-Translational Modifications
- (phosphorylation, acetylation, ubiquitination, etc.)
- Relative Protein Quantification
- (Label-free quantification, SILAC, Avg. TIC, iTRAQ, TMT)
- Protein complex stoichiometry
- Quantification of phosphorylation sites
- Protein-Protein Interaction (PPI) networks
- Quantitative Polar Metabolomics Profiling
- (endogenous polar metabolites from any cell, tissue, fluid source)
- Steady-state profiling
- 13C/15N metabolic flux analysis
- Non-polar Lipidomics Profiling
(20 main classes, >66 sub classes)
Special projects may be possible, please contact us to discuss your project needs.
More information regarding pricing, sample preparation and publications can be found at www.bidmcmassspec.org