The mission of the Biomedical Research Informatics Core (BRIC) is to utilize the expertise of BIDMC "informaticians" with backgrounds in medicine, biology, engineering, biostatistics, and computer science to facilitate research at our institution by:
- Providing a high level of service and experience in informatics that is difficult for individual laboratories to achieve and maintain.
- Developing the infrastructure required to address common informatics needs of all researchers.
- Identifying areas in which there can be closer collaboration among life scientists and quantitative scientists.
BRIC provides services to BIDMC research an informatics unit with a focus on delivering services to BIDMC researchers related to:
- Creating and managing HIPAA compliant databases
- Designing and updating attractive internet websites
- Implementing software and web-based applications
- Assisting with the selection and use of data analysis tools
- Developing novel analysis techniques
BRIC also helps coordinate projects between several other informatics groups including:
- Academic and Research Computing
- Clinical Data Repository
- Division of Interdisciplinary Medicine and Biotechnology
- General Clinical Research Center (GCRC)
- Genomics Center
- Media Services
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
107 Avenue Louis Pasteur
Boston, MA 02115