Medical education is central to the mission of the medical center. At BIDMC, trainees interact with faculty members who are passionate about teaching and the teaching environment and have access to innovative educational tools and the most up-to-date medical technologies.
The Department of Surgery at BIDMC offers a series of interactive seminars and educational opportunities for our residents, fellows, and medical students developed with the goal of improving our residents' ability treat patients with the the most innovative and effective techniques.
Some of these educational opportunities include:
- Anatomical Basis of General Surgery
- Clinical Scholarship Program
- Harvard Medical School Program in Global Surgery and Social Change
- Harvard Surgical Program in Innovation
- Mount Desert Island Biological Lab
- Rotation-Specific Simulation
- Surgeons as Educators
Department of Surgery