BIDMC provides residents with a competitive salary and fringe benefits package that includes health insurance, disability insurance, pension, and professional liability insurance. Please click here for more details.
Outside of these benefits the program offers a wealth of support and opportunities tosupport trainees academically, professionally, and emotionally. Following is a list of many of these initiatives.
- Paid vacation
- 3 weeks in the PGY 1 and 4 weeks in the PGY 2‐4
- Time away for fellowship and faculty interviews
- Emergency leave time
- Professional Development Expenses
- Research Project Funding and Assistance
- We have a staff of 3 Faculty Scientists and 4 Research Assistants to guide you
- Support to attend educational Conferences and Meetings
- Two call‐free department‐sponsored Elective Blocks
- Global Health experiences including the Botswana‐Harvard Partnership
- Full reimbursement for Written Board Review Course and Written Board Exam Fees
- Full reimbursement for the PGY 3 CREOG Leadership Conference
- Wellness Initiatives
- Annual Resident Retreat
- Annual Trainee Appreciation Event
- “Birthday Fairy”
- Monthly department‐sponsored social events for trainees
- Resident Book Club
- Wellness Lectures
See all the latest happenings in the program!
Follow us on Twitter