About the Application Process
The BIDMC Residency Program in Obstetrics and Gynecology participates in the National Residency Matching Program, and applications are only accepted via the ERAS system.
The selection process focuses on scholastic accomplishments, transcripts, letters of recommendation and extracurricular activities and leadership. Selected candidates are invited to interview.
The deadline for application submission is October 1st of each year.
Per AAMC guidelines due to COVID-19, the deadline will be extended to October 21, 2020.
Applicants are expected fill the following requirements:
- Submit a completed ERAS application comprised of the following components:
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE), also known as the "Dean's Letter"
- Medical School Transcript
- A minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Personal Statement
- Step 1 and 2 USMLE scores or equivalent examination results. Step 1 results are required to be considered for an interview. Step 2 results are required to become a licensed trainee in the state of Massachusetts, and therefore should have been taken by the time of interviews, even if the score reports have not yet been released.
International Medical Graduates
Graduated of international medical schools (non-U.S. or Canadian) must apply via the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), and are expected to meet the following requirements to be considered for an interview:
- Must have had a minimum of one (1) year of "hands on" clinical experience in the U.S. Observerships or research rotations do not meet this requirement.
- A minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation from clinical faculty in the U.S.
- USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 scores with the 90th percentile
- No greater than three (3) years since the time of graduation from medical school
Also to consider is that the institution preferentially sponsors J1 visas. H-B visas will be considered on a case-by-case basis for extreme circumstances.
We will extend invitations to interview with us by the end of the day on November 20th.
Interviews for training beginning Academic Year 2021-2022 are scheduled as follows. There will be no make-up or alternate dates planned. All interviews will be held virtually.
- December 8, 2020
- December 14, 2020
- December 21, 2020
- January 5, 2021
We do not offer "second looks" after interviews as we put every effort into showing you everything you need to know about us on the day of interview.
For more information please contact Elise Weir, Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or 617-667-2285.