About the Application Process
The BIDMC Residency Program in Obstetrics and Gynecology participates in the National Residency Matching Program, and applications are only accepted via the ERAS system.
The selection process focuses on scholastic accomplishments, transcripts, letters of recommendation and extracurricular activities and leadership. Selected candidates are invited to interview.
The deadline for application submissions is October 1, 2021.
Applicants are expected to fulfill the following requirements:
- Submit a completed ERAS application comprised of the following components:
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE), also known as the "Dean's Letter"
- Medical School Transcript
- A minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Personal Statement
- Step 1 and 2 USMLE scores or equivalent examination results. Step 1 results are required to be considered for an interview. Step 2 results are required to become a licensed trainee in the state of Massachusetts. We are aware that due to the pandemic, Step 2 CS has been postponed for 12-18 months, and we will no longer be requiring applicants to take the exam prior to interviews.
International Medical Graduates
Graduates of international medical schools (non-U.S. or Canadian) must apply via the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), and are expected to meet the following requirements to be considered for an interview:
- Must have had a minimum of one (1) year of "hands on" clinical experience in the U.S. Observerships or research rotations do not meet this requirement.
- A minimum of three (3) letters of recommendation from clinical faculty in the United States
- USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 scores within the 90th percentile
- No greater than three (3) years since the time of graduation from medical school
The institution preferentially sponsors J1 visas. H-B visas will be considered on a case-by-case basis for extreme circumstances.
We will extend invitations to interview with us on October 19, 2021.
We will release the final status to applicants (interview, reject, waitlist) no later than November 19, 2021.
Interviews for training beginning Academic Year 2022-2023 are scheduled as follows. There will be no make-up or alternate dates planned. All interviews will be held virtually.
- November 9, 2021
- November 17, 2021
- December 1, 2021
- December 13, 2021
We do not offer "second looks" after interviews as we put every effort into showing you everything you need to know about us on the day of interview.
For more information, please email L. Renata Vicari, Program Manager.