About the Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship
The mission of the Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship at BIDMC is to train physician-surgeons who provide outstanding patient-centered care for women with gynecologic malignancies, while also fostering the development of innovative leaders in translational and clinical research, medical education, quality improvement and global health.
The goals of our fellowship program are to:
- Produce competent gynecologic oncology specialists that have the ability to independently practice the full breadth and depth of the specialty while providing compassionate patient-centered care for patients with gynecologic malignancies.
- Graduate physicians who exhibit the highest levels of integrity, collaboration and professionalism.
- Develop practitioners who recognize and work towards the eradication of healthcare disparities domestically and globally.
- Prepare graduates to engage in clinical, epidemiological or translational research in order to advance knowledge in our specialty.
- Train providers who have an understanding of quality improvement and patient safety and incorporate these principles in their practice setting.
- Produce excellent medical educators who effectively teach and inspire learners of all levels.
- Promote innovative thinking and leadership in the transformation of health care delivery.
- Promote physician well-being through programmatic focus and support aimed at developing resilient, well-balanced providers who will thrive in their personal and professional lives.
The curriculum consists of 12 months of protected research time and 24 month of clinical, including medical and radiation oncology, palliative care, cancer genetics, oncofertility and surgical subspecialties.
Our Teaching Faculty
- John Dalrymple, MD, Fellowship Program Director
- Katharine Esselen, MD, MBA, Associate Fellowship Program Director
- Leslie Garrett, MD, Division Chief, Gynecologic Oncology
- Joseph Dottino, MD, Gynecologic Oncology
- Andrew Wiechert, MD, Gynecologic Oncology
- Meghan Shea, MD, Medical Oncology
- Page Widick, MD, Medical Oncology
- Jonathan Hecht, MD, PhD, Anatomic Pathology
- Joanne Jang, MD, PhD, Radiation Oncology
- Daphna Spiegel, MD, Radiation Oncology
- Michele Hacker, ScD, MPH, Epidemiologic Research
Meet Our Fellows
University of California, San Francisco
Keck School of Medicine
Kaitlin Nicholson, MD
Northwell Health South Shore University Hospital
Florida State University College of Medicine