About Our Fellowship Program
The mission of the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC) Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship is to train excellent physician-surgeons to provide outstanding patient-centered care for women with gynecologic malignancies, while also fostering the development of innovative leaders in translational and clinical research, medical education, quality improvement and global health.
Gynecologic Oncology Fellowship Program Goals
- Produce competent gynecologic oncology specialists that have the ability to independently practice the full breadth and depth of the specialty while providing compassionate patient-centered care for patients with gynecologic malignancies.
- Graduate physicians who exhibit the highest levels of integrity, collaboration and professionalism.
- Develop practitioners who recognize and work towards the eradication of healthcare disparities domestically and globally.
- Prepare graduates to engage in clinical, epidemiological or translational research in order to advance knowledge in our specialty.
- Train providers who have an understanding of quality improvement and patient safety and incorporate these principles in their practice setting.
- Produce excellent medical educators who effectively teach and inspire learners of all levels.
- Promote innovative thinking and leadership in the transformation of health care delivery.
- Promote physician well-being through programmatic focus and support aimed at developing resilient, well-balanced providers who will thrive in their personal and professional lives.