Dietetic Internship Pre-Select for Simmons MS Graduates in Nutrition & Health Promotion
Through a partnership between BIDMC and Simmons University, students enrolled in Simmons Master of Science in Nutrition and Health Promotion degree program (Simmons MS), or recent graduates of that program, may apply early to the BIDMC dietetic internship (BIDMC DI) through a Pre-Select process.
This will allow Simmons MS students and recent graduates to apply for the BIDMC DI prior to the regular DICAS application deadline. BIDMC will accept up to two interns from Simmons University via the Pre-Select process.
- Other Simmons University students (graduate, undergraduate, and DPD students) who are seeking a match to a dietetic internship are still welcome to apply to the BIDMC DI through the standard application process if the Pre-Select option is not right for them.
- Pre-Select applicants who are not chosen during the pre-select phase will automatically be considered for placement during the regular selection phase.
Eligibility Requirements for the Pre-Select Option of the Dietetic Internship Program:
Eligible Pre-Select applicants must:
- Be enrolled in the Simmons MS with an anticipated graduation date prior to the Dietetic Internship Program start date, or have successfully completed the Simmons MS within the three years preceding the pre-select process application deadline;
- Have completed the application to the Dietetic Internship Program using DICAS on or before the deadline established for the Pre-Select process. This deadline varies slightly from year to year, but will be on or about three to four weeks prior to the national DICAS Spring deadline. (for Spring 2020 decisions, the Pre-Select deadline will be January 18, 2020).
- Have completed or be on track to complete an accredited Didactic Program in Dietetics (“DPD”) prior to the start of the internship. Eligible applicants must be able to provide a Verification Statement attesting to completion of a DPD program or a Declaration of Intent from the applicant’s DPD director indicating the planned completion of DPD; and
- Have a cumulative graduate GPA of 3.3 or higher at the time of application to the Dietetic Internship Program as evidenced by official transcript from Simmons.
Admission Decisions - Dates, Details, and Responsibilities
- Admissions decisions are considered binding. If a pre-select applicant is offered an internship spot with the BIDMC DI, it is assumed it will be accepted, in writing, within 24 hours. Do not apply through the Pre-Select option unless you consider the BIDMC DI your top choice of internships.
- Admission decisions about Pre-Select spots shall be solely under the control of the BIDMC DI.
- Admissions decisions will be communicated to Pre-Select applicants by BIDMC DI staff members no later than two weeks prior to Applicant Notification Day (also known as ‘Match Day’). This will allow pre-select applicants who are offered a spot to withdraw their applications from other programs by the withdraw deadline. (for Spring 2020, admissions decisions will be made by March 22, 2020)
- Students accepted to the BIDMC DI will be solely responsible for all tuition and fees associated with the program, as any intern would be.
For More Information
If you are considering the Pre-Select option, but you have questions or would like more information, please call or email the DI Coordinator, Julie Robarts: firstname.lastname@example.org, (617) 667-2582