To facilitate the application process, we use ERAS, the Electronic Residency Application Service.
Please submit the following materials to ERAS:
- Completed ERAS Application form
- Curriculum Vitae, including honors and publications
- MSPE (Dean’s List)
- Official transcript
- USMLE scores (Step I required, Step II and Step III if available). COMLEX scores are accepted.
- At least three letters of recommendation. It is recommended that the letters be written by someone who is very familiar with your work (research or clinical) and can fully describe your skill sets.
- Personal statement. We encourage you to use the personal statement to tell us how and why you became interested in anesthesiology and what you can potentially contribute to the field. We also ask that candidates tell us about their relevant life experiences, core value system, and unique skill sets.
- Our program strongly prefers applicants with USMLE scores of 220 or higher.
- We welcome applicants applying to the couples match.
- There is no cut-off date for medical school graduation.
- We welcome international applicants. We currently have numerous residents and faculty members from around the world. Please note: A J1 Visa is preferred. All foreign applicants are required to provide their ECFMG certification.
- Please see FREIDA online for program specifics.
For more information, please contact us. Our fellowship programs follow a different application process.
|Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care and Pain Medicine (Education Division)
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
East Campus, Rabb 239
330 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215