Stay Active Safely While at Home
Emily G. Samuels, MS, RD, LDN
Not able to go the gym or partake in exercise classes? Feeling cooped up? Improve your mental stamina, boost your immune system, and avoid weight gain by exercising at home.
We encourage you to commit to daily physical activity in the comforts of your own home. For some ideas and inspiration, and to try something entirely new, below is a compiled list of free online (YouTube) videos to try to keep the blood pumping and muscles moving. All are low-impact in nature, and between five to 30 minutes long. Many are geared for older adults or those who are less physically active or mobile, however, they can be enjoyed by all. (Before trying anything new, please make sure you are feeling physically stable and safe, to avoid injuries or falls.)
Here are some YouTube exercise videos to try at home:
- Home workout for age 70 plus. Beat the Coronavirus. Keep fit and stay well.
- Yoga for Seniors ♥ Chair Stretches for Pain Relief, Relaxation, Joint Health, Flexibility, Stress
- 10 minute Upper Body Strength Home Workout for age 70 plus. Part 5. Beat the virus!
- 7 Strength, Balance, and Flexibility Exercises for Older Adults from Go4Life
- Yoga for neck, shoulders and upper back 15min
- Top 10 Balance Exercises for Seniors at Home. Stop Falls.
- Stay Active at Home - Strength and balance exercises for older adults
- Deep Breathing Relaxation Technique | Yoga Breathing
- Gentle chair yoga routine
- 10-minute workouts – Zumba Beginner’s Level
- Zumba Gold Chair, Only Love (5 minutes)
- 25 Min Low Impact Cardio Workout for Beginners - HIIT Beginner Workout Routine at Home for Women Men
- Five(ish) Minute Dance Lesson - African Dance: Lesson 3: Dancing on the Clock
- Learn how to dance to Soca (Caribbean Music) with Soca'Robics (5 minutes)
- 10 min NO JUMPING CARDIO FAT BURN (Apartment Friendly, Low Impact, No Equipment) - Advanced
Have other exercises or links of your own? Please share them with us! Twitter: @BIDMCwls or email us.
Subscribe to Weight Loss & Well-Being