Our Genitourinary Cancer Expertise
- Minimally invasive, nerve-sparing prostatectomy, allowing discharge home within 24 hours.
- Radioactive seed implant brachytherapy for prostate cancer.
- Watchful waiting strategies for prostate cancer.
- Minimally invasive surgical techniques, including partial or laparoscopic nephrectomy, for renal (kidney) cancer.
- Radiofrequency ablation for renal masses.
- Bladder-sparing operations and orthotopic diversion for bladder cancer.
BIDMC's Prostate Cancer Center offers a multidisciplinary clinic for diagnosis and treatment of early prostate cancer. Our mission is to effectively treat prostate cancer while optimizing quality of life among prostate cancer patients and their spouses or partners.
BIDMC is an NCI-designated site of research excellence in renal and prostate cancers through NCI SPORE grants in these diseases.