10 Easy Ways to Cut Calories
JUNE 01, 2016
When the warmer weather arrives, and it’s fun to indulge in delicious, seasonal delicacies; but, it’s also important to watch your waistline. Here are some helpful tips to do just that:
- Replace your bagel with a whole-grain English muffin.
- Choose light yogurt instead of regular, without fruit on the bottom. Even better, choose fat-free plain yogurt and add fresh fruit.
- Use 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil with vinegar on a salad instead of regular bottled salad dressing.
- When eating at a restaurant, eat only half of the entrée and add a side salad or broth-based soup.
- Instead of drinking juice, eat the actual piece of fruit.
- Measure a portion of nuts and eat 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup.
- Drink seltzer water instead of soda.
- Replace that chocolate chip cookie with a small square of dark chocolate.
- Eat 1 cup of fat-free pudding instead of 1 cup of regular ice cream.
- Instead of eating 1 cup of pasta, add 1 cup of cooked vegetables to 1/2 cup of pasta.