2016 Farm to Family CSA Program –
Eat Well and Do Good!
Since 2010, our unique workplace Community Supported Agriculture (CSA) program has worked to accomplish the following objectives:
- Support a local farmer’s start-up costs through early investment in farm box shares.
- Provide BIDMC and MASCO employees with a convenient location to receive a weekly farm box full of fresh fruit and vegetables during the summer and fall.
- Increase the ability of low-income families in Dorchester to gain affordable access to fresh and local produce through sponsorship of subsidized boxes.
Farm Box Options
- Farm box plus sponsorship: At $450, your cost includes 16 weeks of fresh produce (valued at $22.50 per week) plus a donation of $90 to support the purchase of a farm box by low income families in Dorchester.
- Farm box only: At $360, your cost covers 16 weeks of fresh produce (valued at $22.50 per week).
The cost for a farm box may be paid in full or in two installments.
What’s in the box? Visit Ward's Harvest Calendar to get an idea of what to expect each week!
Sponsorships are a core component of the Farm to Family CSA Program and vital to its ongoing success. The donations of sponsor shareholders help subsidize weekly farm boxes for low-income families. The boxes are distributed to families in need for $7.50 per week. This program makes it possible for families to gain access to affordable fresh fruits and vegetables that they may otherwise go without.
Whether or not you purchase a farm box, please consider making a donation that will support the purchase of a subsidized farm box for those in need. Your generous donation of:
- $30 will provide a subsidized farm box for 2 weeks
- $60 will provide a subsidized farm box for 1 month
- $90 will provide a subsidized farm box for 6 weeks
- $120 will provide a subsidized farm box for 2 months (half season)
- $240 will provide a subsidized farm box for 4 months (full season)
To sign up for a farm box share or make a donation, please complete this registration form and submit it along with your check or money order payment. Important dates to remember include:
- Monday, March 7– Farm box registration and donation period begins.
- Friday, June 10- Farm box registration deadline. Full farm box payments and second installments are due.
- Friday, Aug. 26– Donations will be accepted through the final Friday in August. We thank you for your thoughtful consideration!
As a special thank you to sponsor shareholders, Ward's is offering a 10% discount on Pick-Your-Own Berries and Pumpkins. This is a fantastic way to deepen your family’s local food experience with a visit to the farm in Sharon, MA.
Download the Farm to Family Registration Form to reserve a farm box
and donate today!
Click here to view the Frequently Asked Questions flyer.
Visit Our BIDMC Farm Stand
Every Wednesday from June 22 – October 5, 2016, please be sure to visit the BIDMC farm stand located in the parking lot of the Kirstein building at 330 Brookline Avenue. Ward's Berry Farm will be selling its great variety of fresh, locally grown produce between the hours of noon – 3 p.m.