Are You A Candidate?
You might consider weight loss surgery if:
- You are at least twice your ideal weight or you weigh at least 100 pounds or more than your ideal weight.
- You have been overweight for years and tried medical diets.
- Your serious attempts to lose weight have had only short-term success.
- You do not have other treatable diseases that could have caused you to be overweight.
- You do not drink alcohol in excess.
- You are prepared to make substantial changes in your eating habits and lifestyle, and to continue being monitored by the team of specialists treating you.
Above content provided by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. For advice about your medical care, consult your doctor.
Posted January 2010