10 Easy Ways to Cut Calories
Summer is finally here and while it’s fun to indulge in delicious, seasonal delicacies, it’s important to watch your waistline. Here are some helpful tips to do just that:
- Replace your bagel with a whole-grain English muffin.
- Choose light yogurt instead of regular, without fruit on the bottom. Even better, choose fat-free plain yogurt and add fresh fruit.
- Use 1 to 2 tablespoons of olive oil with vinegar on a salad instead of regular bottled salad dressing.
- When eating at a restaurant, eat only half of the entrée and add a side salad or broth-based soup.
- Instead of drinking juice, eat the actual piece of fruit.
- Measure a portion of nuts and eat 1/4 cup instead of 1/2 cup.
- Drink seltzer water instead of soda.
- Replace that chocolate chip cookie with a small square of dark chocolate.
- Eat 1 cup of fat-free pudding instead of 1 cup of regular ice cream.
- Instead of eating 1 cup of pasta, add 1 cup of cooked vegetables to 1/2 cup of pasta.
Above content provided by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. For advice about your medical care, consult your doctor
Posted June 2013