Is it Heartburn or Something More Serious?
You should talk to your doctor if you:
- Experience severe heartburn more than twice a week over a period of a couple of months.
- Use antacids every day, multiple times a day, for more than two weeks and still have symptoms.
- Take over-the-counter heartburn medications and they do nothing to relieve your symptoms.
- Develop other symptoms -with or without heartburn-- like dry cough or trouble swallowing that do not go away for a couple of months.
- Experience unexplained weight loss.
- Develop hoarseness or wheezing.
- Have discomfort that interferes with your normal, daily activities.
Above content provided by Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
For advice about your medical care, consult your doctor
Posted March 2009