(HealthDay News) -- The weight-loss battle isn't over once you lose the extra pounds. The challenge becomes keeping it off.
The American Council on Exercise offers these suggestions to help you maintain a healthy body weight:
- Weigh yourself weekly, so weight gain doesn't creep up on you. Also measure your waistline.
- Incorporate physical activity into your day as much as possible.
- Keep healthy foods at home at eye level. Avoid being tempted by junk food.
- Practice healthy stress management techniques, such as progressive relaxation.
- Engage a buddy in your fitness program, making exercise a social affair.
All EBSCO Publishing proprietary, consumer health and medical information found on this site is accredited by URAC. URAC's Health Web Site Accreditation Program requires compliance with 53 rigorous standards of quality and accountability, verified by independent audits. To send comments or feedback to our Editorial Team regarding the content please email us at
This content is reviewed regularly and is updated when new and relevant evidence is made available. This information is neither intended nor implied to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider prior to starting any new treatment or with questions regarding a medical condition.
Copyright © 2008 EBSCO Publishing All rights reserved.