Connect With Us
BIDMC's Social Media Guidelines
At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center (BIDMC), we welcome comments, questions, reviews and discussion on our social media channels. We're on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Instagram, LinkedIn, Google+ and Pinterest.
It is important to note that we do not post medical advice on any of our social media channels.
Our team consistently monitors participation to make sure posts are on-topic, respectful and courteous.
The opinions and views posted by our followers do not reflect BIDMC's views.
We receive several comments and questions a day and always try to respond in a timely manner.
BIDMC reserves the right to review and delete any comment we believe is inappropriate, including but not limited to the following:
- Comments that violate the privacy of our patients and their families
- Foul language, abusive and hurtful comments
- Personal attacks on a staff member. If you have concerns or questions about medical care you or a family member received, please call Patient Relations at 617-632-0364.
- Off-topic and redundant comments. If a person posts about the same topic more than twice, we can remove the posts.
- Hate speech about race, gender, sexual preference, religion, etc.
- Posts that advertise events, products or services that BIDMC perceives as not relevant
- Medical advice, especially from a non-medical professional