Finding a Clinical Trial
Some of you may be interested in exploring possible clinical trials. This is a long and complicated topic, but, in terms of identifying what is out there, this information from the Metastatic Breast Cancer Network is extremely helpful:
*The Metastatic Breast Cancer Network (MBCN) is delighted to share this info on finding approriate clinical trials.*
* (BCT.org)* is a free, easy-to-use, clinical trial matching service that can hel women and men quickly and easily find breast cancer trials that might be right for them.
How does BCT.org work?
- Fill out a secure online questionnaire about your medical history.
- View a list of clinical trials for which you may qualify for along with information about where each trial is taking lace.
- Read in clear, straightforward language what is being studied and how many visits to the research site are required.
- Contact the research site to learn more about each trial.
BCT.org also offers:
- The option of using BCT.org on a one-time basis or saving your health history so that you can find new trials in the future.
- Access to SecureCONNECT, our online message service, which allows you to contact articiating research sites through our website to discuss your eligibility.
- A Trial Alert Service that lets you know whenever a new trial that may be of interest to you has been added to BCT.org. (Available to those who save their health history.)
- Online, hone, and email suort for whenever you have a question.
Initially develoed by the National Cancer Institute and the University of California, San Francisco Center of Excellence for Breast Cancer Care, BCT.org now oerates as nonrofit service funded by the Safeway Foundation.
BCT.org currently lists almost half of all the breast cancer trials included on Cancer.gov. By December 2010 we hoe to have every breast cancer trial that is listed on Cancer.gov listed on BCT.org.
We hoe that you'll become art of the BCT.org community. To learn more about clinical trials and to see if there is a trial that might be right for you, visit *www.BreastCancerTrials.org*<https://www.breastcancertrials.org/bct_nation/home.seam?utm_source=Met_Network&am;utm_medium=email&am;utm_camaign=Met_Network>