Research Facilities Office
Research Facilities provides daily operations and space management support to the Researchers and Research Administrators supporting the research mission at BIDMC. This group includes personnel to help with activities such as lab moves, research equipment inventory, space management and reporting, research facilities infrastructure support and strategic planning.
Researchers should feel free to contact the Research Facilities staff for questions about any changes to research space. Examples of typical services are listed below.
- BioSafety Cabinets: bulb replacement, certifications, maintenance & repairs
- Copier Machines: paper & staple ordering
- Equipment Disposition: disposals, donations, moves, sales, transfers
- Inventory Management: asset tagging & auditing
- Moves: relocation of offices and/or labs
- Digital & Photo Processors: chemical supplies, maintenance & repairs
- Rees Alarm System: additions, changes, questions, training
- Renovations: small/minor renovations to offices & labs
For basic maintenance, housekeeping, and other such issues, please contact the Service Response Center.