Principal Investigator: Dr. Simon C. Robson, M.B.,Ch.B., FRCP, Ph.D.
Alan Moss, MD - Associate Professor
David Friedman, MD - Associate Professor
Keiichi Enjoji, PhD - Assistant Professor
Yan Wu, PhD - Instructor
Tahereh Ghaziani, MD - Instructor
Xiaofeng Sun, MD - Instructor
Aiping Bai, PhD - Instructor
Post Doctoral Researchers
Mortiz Schmelzle, MD
Xinlin Wu, MD
Ruoyu Miao, M.D
Eva Csizmadia, MS
Efi Kokkotou, MD, PhD
Yury Popov, MD, PhD
Dezheng Zhao, PhD
Maria Serena Longhi, PhD, MD - Research Fellow
Byron Vaughn, MD - Clinical and Research Fellow
Alireza Kalbasi, PharmD, MS - Research Associate
Zhenghui ‘Gordon’ Jiang MD - Clinical Fellow
Philip Brondon, MD – Resident
Honors and Recognition
During the 2012 year there were several honors and awards presented to our GI Researchers and Post Doctoral Fellows.
- Simon C. Robson, MD, PhD our current Chief of Gastroenterology was named the Charlotte F. and Irving W. Rabb Professor of Medicine
- Maggie Ham, MD, a recent GI Fellow graduate, received the Inflammatory Bowl Disease Working Group's Research Award in Inflammatory Bowl Disease.
- Alan Moss, MD was named Associate Editor of the Frontiers in Gastroenterology journal as well as being named the first recipient of the Irving W. and Charlotte F. Rabb Endowed Fund for Gastroenterology Research.
- Douglas Pleskow, MD was appointed 2012 Honorary Director of Endoscopy at Changhai Hospital in Shanghai, China. Dr Pleskow was also awarded the Compassionate Doctor Award.
- Maria Serena Longhi, MD, PhD received a Medical Research Council Clinician Scientist Fellowship.
- Moritz Schmelzle, MD received the Translational Centre for Regenerative Medicine Excellence Award and the German Ministry of Education and research Young Investigator Award.
A complete list of Honors and Awards can be found in Beth Israel's 2012 Annual Report.