Our Major Research Interests
- Molecular mechanisms of insulin resistance.
- Molecular pathogenesis of type 2 diabetes.
- Pathogenesis of obesity.
- Insulin action, glucose transport, leptin action, metabolism.
- The adipocyte as an endocrine organ.
- Discovered new signaling pathway involved in leptin action - AMP activated protein kinase.
- Discovered importance of the Glut4 glucose transporter in adipocytes in whole body insulin action.
- Investigating the role of protein tyrosine phosphatase 1B and other phosphatases in insulin action and body weight regulation.
- Discovered that PTP1B regulates leptin signaling by dephosphorylating Jak 2.
For a complete listing of Dr. Kahn's publications, click here.