Dezheng Zhao, PhD
Assistant Professor of Medicine
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Harvard Medical School
330 Brookline Avenue, RN-270J
Boston, MA 02215
Zhao Lab >>
Ph.D. in Biochemistry in 2000 from Boston University. Postdoctoral fellow at BIDMC from 2000-2002. Instructor of Medicine from 2002-2007. Appointed Assistant Professor of Medicine in 2007.
Signaling in Pathogenic Angiogenesis
This laboratory has two main research interests:
- Function and molecular mechanism of orphan nuclear receptor Nur77 family members in pathological angiogenesis and related diseases particularly inflammatory bowel diseases and colon cancer.
- Function and mechanism of neuropeptides in pathological angiogenesis, inflammatory bowel diseases and colon cancer.
New and Noteworthy Publications
View all publications via PubMed >>
- Zhao D. Protein kinase C-delta-mediated CREB activation regulates ghrelin-induced cyclooxygenase-2 expression and prostaglandin E2 production in human colonic epithelial cells. J Cell Biochem 2007, 102:1245-1255.
- Qin L, Zeng H, Zhao D. Requirement of PKD tyrosine phosphorylation for VEGF-A165-induced angiogenesis through its interaction and regulation of phospholipase C? phosphorylation. J Biol Chem. 2006, 281(43): 32550-8.
- Zhao D*, Zhan Y, Zeng H, Koon HK, Moyer MP, Pothoulakis C. Neurotensin stimulates expression of early growth response-gene-1 and EGF receptor through MAP kinase activation in human colonic epithelial cells. Int J Cancer, 2007, 120:1652-1656 (*Corresponding Author).
- Zeng H, Qin LL, Zhao D, Tan X, Manseau EJ, Hoang MV, Senger DR, Brown LF, Nagy JA, Dvorak HD. Orphan Nuclear Receptor TR3/Nur77 regulates the early steps of VEGF-A-induced angiogenesis through its transcriptional activity. J Exp Med. 2006, 203: 719-729.
- Zhao D, Zhan Y, Koon HW, Zeng H, Keates S, Moyer MP, Pothoulakis C. Metalloproteinase-dependent TGF-beta release mediates neurotensin-stimulated MAP kinase activation in human colonic epithelial cells. J Biol Chem 2004, 279: 43547-54.