Preparing for Your Stay
We consider the care and comfort of our patients to be of utmost importance and our team of skilled health care professionals is here to help meet your medical needs. Knowing how to prepare for your hospital stay and what to expect can provide comfort to both you and your family.
- What to Expect at a Teaching Hospital: Learn about the different people that will be involved in your care while visiting the hospital.
- Massachusetts Health Care Proxy Information: We encourages all patients to prepare a document called a health care proxy. This document will identify the person you have chosen to express your wishes regarding your health care in the event that you become unable to speak for yourself.
- Patient's Rights and Responsibilities: At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, we support your right to know about your health and illness, and your right to participate in decisions that affect your well-being. Our own statement of patients' rights, incorporating state and federal law, describes the medical center's commitment to protecting your rights.
- Our Commitment to Safe Care: Research on safe medical care shows that the best results are achieved when patients play an active role in their care. Learn how you can help to ensure you get the safest care possible.
- Medical Information: Your privacy has always been important to us. At Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, we strive to provide the highest quality care and services in an environment that is built on trust and mutual respect.
- Children's Guide: Having a mom or dad in the hospital can be difficult for a child. Discussing your hospital stay can help to alleviate their stress.
To make an appointment with a physician at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center, call 1-800-667-5356 or go to our Centers and Departments page to select the department that you need.