Please be aware that the hospital cannot be responsible for valuable items you may have in your room and cannot reimburse you for the cost of lost items. To ensure the safety of your belongings, please follow these guidelines:
- You may want to have a little money for small purchases, but please do not keep credit cards or large amounts of cash in your room.
- All non-essential items and valuables should be sent home. This includes things like clothing, jewelry, purses, cell phones, or any other personal items you do not need on a daily basis.
- If you are not able to send valuables home, please speak with your nurse about arranging to place them in a safe at the medical center.
- If you have items you need to keep with you, such as a watch, glasses, hearing aid, or walker, please be sure to label them.
- If you have dentures, please ask your nurse for a denture cup and make sure it is labeled.
- Be careful not to put dentures or other personal items on your meal tray, as these can become lost when trays are returned to the kitchen.