During Your Stay
We are pleased to be able to offer you and your family the exceptional care that has become a tradition at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center. Here, the patient and family come first. We are always striving to make your experience with us the best that it can be. The following information has been provided to answer some of the questions you may have about your stay at the medical center. We hope you will find this information helpful.
- Your Health Care Team: In addition to doctors and nurses, a number of other health care professionals may be involved in your care, depending on your needs.
- Support Services: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is committed to trying to meet your needs in the best possible way.
- Your Room, Bed and Meals: We consider the care and comfort of our patients to be of utmost importance and our team of skilled health care professionals is here to help meet your medical needs.
- Room Service Dining: Soon after your admission to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical enter, your physician will prescribe a specific diet to meet your nutritional needs. You will then be able to order food from our Room Service Dining Program.
- Telephone Service: A private telephone is provided for each patient's use and they are all hearing-aid compatible. TTY phones for the deaf and hard of hearing are also available on request.
- Television Service: Free television service is available in English, Spanish and Chinese. We offer a selection of channels featuring movies, sports, news and health information.
- Valuables: Please be aware that the hospital cannot be responsible for valuable items you may have in your room and cannot reimburse you for the cost of lost items. To ensure the safety of your belongings, we've provided you with some guidelines.
- Smoke Free at BIDMC: For the health of our staff, patients, and visitors, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is a smoke-free institution — inside and out.
- Patient Websites: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center and Lotsa Helping Hands have teamed up! We're providing our patients with a free, online group calendar designed for organizing helpers, which allows for family and friends to volunteer to help the patient with rides, meal delivery and other tasks.
- Preparing to Go Home: When it is time for you to go home, we want to make sure you feel prepared.