Academy of Medical Educators at BIDMC
The BIDMC Academy of Medical Educators is now accepting applications for the 2015-2016 academic year. Please see the RFA for details. Applications are due by September 15th, 2015 at 5:00 pm.
The mission of the BIDMC Academy is to enhance and foster the development of physicians and scientists as educators throughout the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center community by:
- Recognizing high-quality teaching and educational innovation at BIDMC
- Supporting a community of faculty educators dedicated to promoting and practicing teaching excellence across the continuum of medical education
- Fostering the careers of those interested in becoming educators in medicine and science
- Providing resources and programming to develop and enhance the skills of teachers at all levels
- Stimulating and supporting the creation and implementation of innovative approaches to learning and assessment
- Supporting educational research and scholarship
The Academy of Medical Educators at BIDMC expands upon current department offerings in professional development, and co-sponsors educational activities with the HMS Academy and academies at other HMS-affiliated hospitals.
Our goals include supporting dissemination of best teaching practices, promoting educational collaboration among the BIDMC departments, and stimulating educational innovation and scholarship.
Lori Newman, MEd, Co-Director, and Grace Huang, MD, Co-Director
Academy of Medical Educators, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center