Academy of Medical Educators at BIDMC
The mission of the BIDMC Academy is to enhance and foster the development of physicians and scientists as educators throughout the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center community by:
- Recognizing high-quality teaching and educational innovation at BIDMC
- Supporting a community of faculty educators dedicated to promoting and practicing teaching excellence across the continuum of medical education
- Fostering the careers of those interested in becoming educators in medicine and science
- Providing resources and programming to develop and enhance the skills of teachers at all levels
- Stimulating and supporting the creation and implementation of innovative approaches to learning and assessment
- Supporting educational research and scholarship
The Academy of Medical Educators at BIDMC expands upon current department offerings in professional development, and co-sponsors educational activities with the HMS Academy and academies at other HMS-affiliated hospitals.
Our goals include supporting dissemination of best teaching practices, promoting educational collaboration among the BIDMC departments, and stimulating educational innovation and scholarship.
Grace Huang, MD, Director
Academy of Medical Educators, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center