The BIDMC Residency Program in Obstetrics and Gynecology participates in the National Residency Matching Program, and applications are only accepted via the ERAS system.
The selection process focuses on scholastic accomplishments, transcripts, and letters of recommendation. Selected candidates are invited to interview.
The deadline for application submission is October 1st of each year.
Applicants are expected fill the following requirements:
- Submit a completed ERAS application comprised of the following components:
- Medical Student Performance Evaluation (MSPE), also known as the "Dean's Letter"
- Medical School Transcript
- Three (3) letters of recommendation.
- Personal Statement
- Step 1 and 2 USMLE scores or equivalent examination results. Step 1 results are required to be considered for an interview. Step 2 results are required to be considered for the program and to become a licensed trainee in the state of Massachusetts.
International Medical Graduates
Graduated of international medical schools (non-U.S. or Canadian) must apply via the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG), and are expected to meet the following requirements to be considered for an interview:
- Must have had a minimum of one (1) year of "hands on" clinical experience in the U.S. Observerships or research rotations do not meet this requirement.
- Three (3) letters of recommendation from clinical faculty in the U.S.
- USMLE Step 1 and Step 2 scores with the 90th percentile
- No greater than three (3) years since the time of graduation from medical school
Also to consider is that the institution only sponsors J1 visas.
We will extend all invitations to interview on October 17th and 18th, 2013.
Interviews for Academic Year 2014-2015 are scheduled as follows. There will be no make-up or alternate dates planned.
- November 1, 2013
- November 21, 2013
- December 9, 2013
For more information please contact Martina DiNapoli, Residency Coordinator, at email@example.com or (617) 667-2285.