Mission and Goals
Mission and goals of the BIDMC dietetic internship program
The mission of the Dietetic Internship is to recruit the best intern applicants for the internship and provide them with experiences that help them meet the core competencies required to become entry-level dietitians, and to instill in them the importance of excellent patient care, individual accountability, and involvement in the community.
Goals and Outcome Measures for the BIDMC Dietetic Internship are below. They are used to measure our program's effectiveness.
Goal #1: The program will prepare graduates to be competent entry-level dietitians
- At least 80% of program graduates over a five-year period pass the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within one year following first attempt.
- 85% of program graduates are expected to take the CDR credentialing exam for dietitian nutritionists within 12 months of program completion.
At least 80% of employers of our graduates, responding to the employer survey, will indicate that the graduate was adequately prepared for the position they obtained.
Over a 5 year period, at least 70% of program graduates who sought employment in nutrition and dietetics or related fields will be employed within twelve months of program completion.
At least 80% of interns enrolled in the DI program complete all program requirements within 150% of the time planned for completion (63 weeks/15 months).
Goal #2: The program maintains the diversity of the graduating dietetic internship class
Goal #3: The program will prepare graduates to serve a diverse population
Meeting Our Goals:
Program outcomes data is available upon request.
- The first year pass rate of our graduates taking the RD examination is 100%. (2010-2015)
- 97% of our graduates who sought employment were employed in dietetics within twelve months of program completion. (2012-2015)
- 100% of our graduates' employers felt they were adequately prepared for their position (2010-2015)
- 100% of interns enrolled in the DI program at BIDMC completed the program within 150% (63 weeks/15 months) the time allotted for completion. (2010-2016)
- 20% of our graduates represented diversity in the past 7 years. (2010-2016)