How to Apply
The Application Process
Potential applicants should consider the following admission preferences/requirements:
- We require evidence of recent education, i.e. completion of at least six credits in dietetics-related coursework, or equivalent, within three years of admission to the program.
- We desire a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0. However, we will not disqualify an applicant on GPA exclusively.
- We strongly recommend attending a tour if it is feasible. Attending a tour gives you the opportunity to converse with the Dietetic Intership Coordinator and current interns and may help answer any questions about our dietetic internship and what makes it unique. If an applicant is unable to attend a tour, he/she should please feel free to call or email the program with questions.
- Please note that BIDMC does not conduct interviews.
Three Key Application Requirements:
- Participates in the on-line centralized internship application (DICAS), which may be found at http://portal.dicas.org. The online application packet must be completed for our program by February 14th. A complete DICAS application includes the standard application form, your personal statement in business letter format, transcripts from every academic institution attended, 3 letters of reference (2 professors, 1 work/volunteer supervisor), and current resume. FYI: There is a fee to use DICAS — $40 for the first application and $20 for each additional application.
- Applicants must also register for Spring Computer Match online matching at www.dnddigital.com, D&D Digital Systems, Suite 301 Street, Ames, IA 50010, (515) 292-0490, email@example.com, and select internship priority choices by February 14th. There is a $50 matching fee.
- Submit this supplemental application and a nonrefundable $65 fee(payable to: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Nutrition Services). Both the payment & supplemental application must be postmarked by February 14th. Mail to:
Julie Robarts, MS, MPH, RD, LDN
Dietetic Internship Coordinator
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Nutrition Services, Rabb B-06
330 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
April 5, 2015: Personal match results will be available online from D & D Digital systems at 6:00pm Central Daylight Time.
April 7, 2015: Applicants must telephone 617-667-2580 or fax 617-667-3126 (attention Patt Samour, DI Director) to confirm the acceptance or rejection of a computer match on or before 5:00 PM EST.