How to Apply
The Application Process
Potential applicants should consider the following admission preferences/requirements:
- We require evidence of recent education, i.e. completion of at least six credits in dietetics-related coursework, or equivalent, within three years of admission to the program.
- We desire a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0. However, we will not disqualify an applicant on GPA exclusively.
- We recommend attending a tour if it is feasible. Attending a tour gives you the opportunity to converse with the Dietetic Internship Coordinator and current interns and may help answer any questions about our dietetic internship and what makes it unique. If an applicant is unable to attend a tour, he/she should please feel free to call or email the program with questions.
- Please note that BIDMC does not conduct interviews.
Key Application Requirements:
- Applicant must participate in the online centralized internship application system (DICAS), which may be found at http://portal.dicas.org. The complete online application packet must be submitted by the deadline (February 15, 2017 by 11:59 pm CST). FYI: There is a fee to use DICAS - $40 for the first application and $20 for additional application.
- A completed application packet includes the standard application form, personal statement in business letter format, all transcripts, current resume, and 3 letter of reference (either 2 professors and 1 work/volunteer supervisor, or 1 professor and 2 work/volunteer supervisors)
- Applicant must also register for Spring Computer Match at www.dnddigital.com, D&D Digital Systems, 3100 South Riverside Drive, Ames, IA 50010, (515) 292-0490, email@example.com, and register his/her internship priority choices by the same February 15th deadline. FYI: There is a $50 matching fee.
- Submit this supplemental application and a nonrefundable $65 fee(payable to: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Nutrition Services). Both the payment & supplemental application must be postmarked
by February 15th. Mail to:
Julie Robarts, MS, MPH, RD, LDN
Dietetic Internship Coordinator
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Nutrition Services, Rabb B-06
330 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
April 2, 2017: Notification Day. Personal match results will be available online from D & D Digital systems at 6:00pm Central Daylight Time.
April 3, 2017: Appointment Day. Applicants must telephone 617-667-2580 or fax 617-667-3126 (attention Lori DeCosta, DI Director) to confirm the acceptance or rejection of a computer match on or before 5:00 PM EST.