How to Apply
The Application Process
Potential applicants should consider the following admission preferences/requirements:
- We require evidence of recent education, i.e. completion of at least six credits in dietetics-related coursework, or equivalent, within three years of admission to the program.
- We desire a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0. However, we will not disqualify an applicant on GPA exclusively.
- We strongly recommend attending a tour if it is feasible. Attending a tour gives you the opportunity to converse with the Dietetic Intership Coordinator and current interns and may help answer any questions about our dietetic internship and what makes it unique. If an applicant is unable to attend a tour, he/she should please feel free to call or email the program with questions.
- Please note that BIDMC does not conduct interviews.
Three Key Application Requirements:
- Participates in the on-line centralized internship application (DICAS), which may be found at
http://portal.dicas.org The online application must be completed for our program by
February 15th. There is a fee to use DICAS -- $40 for the first application and $20 for each additional application.
- Applicants must also register for
Spring Computer Match online matching at
www.dnddigital.com, D&D Digital Systems, Suite 301 Street, Ames, IA 50010, (515) 292-0490,
firstname.lastname@example.org, and select internship priority choices by
February 15th. There is a $50 matching fee.
- Submit this
and a nonrefundable $60 fee(payable to: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center Nutrition Services). Both the payment & supplemental application must be postmarked by
February 15th. Mail to:
Julie Robarts, MS, MPH, RD, LDN
Dietetic Internship Coordinator
Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Nutrition Services, Rabb B-06
330 Brookline Avenue
Boston, MA 02215
April 7, 2013: Personal match results will be available online from D & D Digital systems at 6:00pm Central Daylight Time.
April 9, 2013: Applicants must telephone 617-667-2580 or fax 617-667-3126 (attention Patt Samour, DI Director) to confirm the acceptance or rejection of a computer match on or before 5:00 PM EST.