Residency Application Requirements
Please submit the following materials to ERAS, the Electronic Residency Application Service:
- Completed ERAS Application form
- Curriculum Vitae, including honors and publications
- MSPE (Dean’s List)
- Official transcript
- USMLE scores (Step I required, Step II and Step III if available). COMLEX scores are accepted
- At least three letters of recommendation. It is recommended that the letters be written by someone who is very familiar with your work (research or clinical) and can fully describe your skill sets.
- Personal statement. We encourage you to use the personal statement to tell us how and why you became interested in anesthesiology and what you can potentially contribute to the field. We also ask that candidates tell us about their relevant life experiences, core value system, and unique skill sets.
Additionally, our program strongly prefers applicants with the following qualification:
- USMLE scores of 220 or higher
We welcome applicants applying to the couples match. Also, there is no cut-off date for medical school graduation. Please see FREIDA online for program specifics. The deadline to submit applications is November 1, 2013.
International Applicant Submission Requirements:
We welcome foreign applicants. We currently have numerous residents and staff members from around the world. Please note: A J1 Visa is preferred. All foreign applicants are required to provide their ECFMG certification.
For additional information, please contact Ms. Lindsey Gendall, Residency Recruitment Coordinator.
Phone: (617) 754-2713
Address: Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center
Department of Anesthesia, Critical Care, and Pain Medicine
One Deaconess Road, Suite CC 470
Boston, MA 02215
Our fellowship programs follow a different application process. Learn more.