Academy of Medical Educators at BIDMC
The mission of the BIDMC Academy is to enhance and foster the development of physicians and scientists as educators throughout the Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center community by:
- Recognizing high-quality teaching and educational innovation at BIDMC
- Supporting a community of faculty educators dedicated to promoting and practicing teaching excellence across the continuum of medical education
- Fostering the careers of those interested in becoming educators in medicine and science
- Providing resources and programming to develop and enhance the skills of teachers at all levels
- Stimulating and supporting the creation and implementation of innovative approaches to learning and assessment
- Supporting educational research and scholarship
The Academy of Medical Educators at BIDMC expands upon current department offerings in professional development, and co-sponsors educational activities with the HMS Academy and academies at other HMS-affiliated hospitals.
Our goals include supporting dissemination of best teaching practices, promoting educational collaboration among the BIDMC departments, and stimulating educational innovation and scholarship.
Academy Membership: We received an enthusiastic response to our recent request for applications for the BIDMC Academy of Medical Educators and have confirmed new membership of 48 faculty members, fellows, and senior residents for a total of 138 members. Membership is now closed but will re-open June 2013. Individuals interested in joining the Academy should check back in the spring for application materials.
David Roberts, MD, Director
Lori Newman, MEd, Co-Director
Academy of Medical Education, Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center