Deferred Charitable Gift Annuity
For some people, a charitable gift annuity is a great option; however they prefer not to receive the income immediately. A deferred gift annuity allows you to make your gift now and receive a charitable tax deduction, but you begin receiving your income at a pre-determined date in the future. By deferring your income for a year or more (perhaps until you retire), you are offered a higher gift annuity rate and a higher tax deduction.
Summary of benefits:
- Save on capital gains, gift, and/or estate taxes.
- Transfer low or non-income producing assets to BIDMC in exchange for an attractive lifetime income starting at a pre-determined date.
- Delay your income stream until a later date and receive an increased income over an immediate payment charitable gift annuity.
- Earn a federal income tax charitable deduction to be used in the year you make your gift.
- Make a more significant gift to BIDMC.
- Receive membership in the
Lunn Society, BIDMC's recognition society for individuals who have made a planned gift.
Note: The information on this Web site is not intended to serve as legal or financial advice. When planning a specific charitable gift, the services of a legal or financial advisor should be obtained.