Supporting BIDMC as a donor
The Office of Development at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is dedicated to raising the funds critical to BIDMC's signature compassionate patient care, leading-edge research, unparalleled education programs.
This commitment to excellence extends to our relationship with our family of donors and supporters. See below to learn more about the benefits and privileges of becoming a donor to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center.
If you need more information or if you have any questions, please contact us at (617) 667-7330.
A Donor Bill of Rights
The Office of Development at BIDMC is proud to conduct its activities in compliance with the Donor Bill of Rights. If at any time you are concerned about our compliance with these rights, please contact us.
Philanthropy is based on voluntary action for the common good. It is a tradition of giving and sharing that is primary to the quality of life. To assure that philanthropy merits the respect and trust of the general public, and that donors and prospective donors can have full confidence in the not-for-profit organizations and causes they are asked to support, we declare that all donors have these rights:
- To be informed of the organization's mission, of the way the organization intends to use donated resources, and of its capacity to use donations effectively for their intended purposes.
- To be informed of the identity of those serving on the organization's governing board, and to expect the board to exercise prudent judgment in its stewardship responsibilities.
- To have access to the organization's most recent financial statements.
- To be assured their gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- To receive appropriate acknowledgment and recognition.
- To be assured that information about their donations is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- To expect that all relationships with individuals representing organizations of interest to the donor will be professional in nature.
- To be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of the organization or hired solicitors.
- To have the opportunity for their names to be deleted from mailing lists that an organization may intend to share.
- To feel free to ask questions when making a donation and to receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers.
Developed by: American Association of Fund-Raising Council (AAFRC), Association for Healthcare Philanthropy (AHP), Council for Advancement and Support of Education (CASE), National Society of Fund Raising Executives (NSFRE). Initial Endorsers: Independent Sector, National Catholic Development Conference (NCDC), National Committee on Planned Giving (NCPG), National Council for Resource Development (NCRD), United Way of America.
Tax Benefits of Philanthropic Giving
A gift to Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is a singular chance to make a real difference in the future of medicine. Philanthropic gifts establish the donor as an active partner in the our efforts to provide the kind of care we would each want for our own family members. There are also certain tax benefits for this type of generosity.
Financial gifts to BIDMC from which the donor receives no goods or services in return are fully tax deductible. It is important that you contact your financial and legal consultants to obtain specific information about the tax benefits for your unique gift since tax benefits can vary.
For non-cash gifts to BIDMC, download the IRS form 8283 from the IRS website.
Please contact our offices at (617) 667-7330 for more information or if you have any questions.