Care for Lower Extremity Problems
The Wound Care program provides a multifaceted spectrum of services related to preventing, treating and managing lower extremity problems. Its exceptional team of surgeons, physicians, nurses and technicians is particularly well-positioned to care for patients with diabetes. Our wound care program has served as the model for all other wound care centers.
- Patient education programs that emphasize proper home foot care to decrease the likelihood of diabetic complications such as infection, ulcerations, peripheral vascular disease and amputations.
- Expertise in reconstructive foot surgery procedures in diabetic patients whose goal is limb preservation and restoring a functional lower extremity.
- Surgical expertise in reconstructive surgery of the unstable, chronically ulcerated Charcot foot. The center is the only one of its type that has documented long-term outcomes and limb salvage rate.
- Novel revascularization techniques for limb-threatening ischemia and non-healing ulcerations.
- State-of-the-art wound healing modalities such as vacuumassisted closure, living skin equivalents and topical growth factors.
- Orthotic technicians and prosthetists who produce custommade orthoses and prostheses.