Hearing loss can be frustrating and affect your quality of life in many ways. Staff in the our Audiology Service provide you with the most comprehensive hearing testing, diagnosis, and treatment aimed at helping improve your hearing.
We offer patients a full range of hearing-aid products, including state-of-the-art digital technology, and also a wide-array of adult hearing tests, hearing aid fittings, and other surgical and non-surgical methods for the evaluation, diagnosis, and treatment of common ear problems. Our audiologists are specially trained to assess hearing loss and determine the best methods to treat, manage, and diagnose hearing issues.
Adult patients may need to undergo an audiological evaluation. We offer the following hearing tests:
· Pure tone testing: This test determines the faintest tones you can hear at different pitches or frequencies (low to high). Earphones are worn so that information can be acquired for each ear.
· Speech testing: The speech test allows the audiologist to evaluate your speech and record the results on an audiogram.
· Tympanograms: These tests measure the movement of the eardrum and evaluate the condition of the middle ear.
· Acoustic reflexes: This test helps the audiologist evaluate the function of the middle ear and the auditory nerve by understanding the response of the ear to sound.
· Otoacoustic emissions (OAE): This test helps evaluate how certain ear structures, such as hair cells of the inner ear (cochlea), are working.
These tests help staff assess your condition and develop the most effective management and treatment strategies available.