Complex Airway Program
The Complex Airway Program is a regional and national referral center providing comprehensive, multidisciplinary care for patients with malignant and benign airway disorders.
Our physician team includes interventional pulmonologists, thoracic surgeons, otorhinolaryngologists, speech pathologists, anesthesiologists, and radiologists.
We provide care for patients with:
- vocal cord dysfunction
- vocal cord paralysis
- laryngeal stenosis
- tracheal and bronchial stenosis
- tracheo-cutaneous fistula
- tracheo-esophageal fistula
- laryngeal, tracheal, and bronchial tumors
- tracheostomy-related complications
We have particular expertise in the endoscopic and surgical management of complex benign airway disorders such as tracheobronchomalacia and tracheal and bronchial stenosis.
We have significant experience in performing surgical procedures such as tracheal resection and reconstruction, carinal resection, and tracheoplasty. We also offer (for both diagnosis and/or treatment) a wide range of endoscopic procedures.
- laryngotracheal resection and reconstruction
- tracheal resection and reconstruction
- carinal resection
- bronchial sleeve resection
- surgical tracheostomy
Endoscopic Procedures (for diagnosis and/or treatment)
- suspension laryngoscopy
- flexible bronchoscopy
- rigid bronchoscopy
- narrow band imaging
- endobronchial ultrasound radial probe
- CO2 laser therapy
- argon plasma coagulation
- photodynamic therapy
- airway stenting
- percutaneous tracheostomy
- transtracheal oxygen catheter placement
- balloon bronchoplasty