Your first visit
The Spine Center at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center is committed to bringing you the right care from the right provider in a compassionate environment.
In order to make your first appointment as successful as possible, please read the following so you will know what to expect and what to bring.
What to expect
At your first visit, you will meet with one of the Spine Center clinical experts who will go over the history of your spine condition. He or she will also conduct a detailed physical examination. Once your specialist has made a clinical diagnosis, he or she will develop a personalized treatment plan and discuss it with you. (In some cases, your specialist may first order additional tests and imaging such as CT scans or MRIs.) The length of this visit varies depending on many factors, including the need for x-rays or other tests.
We are committed to communicating with your referring physician and other members of your treatment team to make sure they are aware of the plan and your progress.
Before your visit
Prior to your visit, please call your PCP for a referral if needed.
What to bring
- Spine Center patient questionnaire (will be mailed to you, or please download and print the PDF)
- All x-rays, MRIs, and CT scans of your spine, if performed outside the systems of Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center or Beth Israel Deaconess-Hospital Needham
- Results of any neurologic testing (including EMG)
- Any other medical records you may have
- List of your medications, including prescription medicines, nonprescription medicines, vitamins, herbs and supplements. Include the dose and how often you take each.
- Your insurance card
- Co-payment if applicable